Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just around the corner

It's that time again. The door on the cross season is about to officially close for me Sunday. I have no complaints or regrets. This season has been good to me. I made some huge strides in my racing over last year and it hasn't gone un-noticed. A silver medal in the NJ state championship race my first season racing the 1,2,3 race. Top 5 overall ranking in the NJ Cross Cup series in the 1,2,3 category. Top ten results for the first time in a MAC race. Yeah, I can say it was a good year. Just wish I could have gotten one win...


With the ceremonial sadness that accompanies the end of 'cross season there is also some joy as the holidays are right around the corner as well. I realize that this year I have a lot to be thankful for even though there have been some hardships. Won't go into detail but lets just say somethings could have been better. Ok, enough of that. On to the shopping since thats the only thing you really care about anyways, right? What to buy, what to buy...? The lady parental unit is always the hardest to shop for. It always ends up being a cheesey gift or something that she needs rather than wants. I hate doing that so this year I refuse to. It's hard since my brother relys on me to do the shopping for the parental units due to his incredibly hectic schedule with law school. Hence, all the shopping falls on me and so does the criticism when I happen to fuck up. Oh well, it is the holidays, they'll get over it.


One final note: I am glad I am not going to make the trip to KC for nationals since I found out indirectly through the Von Dieterness' blog that he ain't going. Man I would have been fucked if I had gotten a ticket out there and the captain of coolness himself wasn't attending.


Check out this pic, it's from my first 'cross race in the snow last weekend.

No comments: