Monday, December 17, 2007

Nothing has changed...much

No pictures this post. They're really not need.

It's going on nine and a half, count 'em nine and one half years since high school graduation. I've put on 2 maybe 3 lbs. Sick, right? Granted, my weight has gone up and down during that time. Those of you who remember me the last year in college - circa 2004 remember my fat (relatively speaking) ass. I couldn't get into a 32" waste pair of pants. No belt was ever required. I may not have been "fat" but I certainly had a belly full of jelly. And beer, nachos and late night cheesesteaks. You get the point.

Saturday, I decided to look for new pants for work. Some nice dress pants for all those shirt and tie days in the office. I figured I would be a smart ass and try a 28" waist to see if I could fit in. Well, there was room to spare. A whole LOT of room to spare. My best guess is a 26" waist would have been a good fit. Problem is, 28 is the smallest they sell in the men's department. Ah shit. Looks like I'm gonna be spending lots of time at Dunkin' Donuts and the bar now that 'cross season is over. Time to plump up just like Santa. HO HO HO!!

Actually, I'm pissed now that I just brought that up. Do you know that it may be politically incorrect to say HO HO HO at the holidays in the near future? I am all for equal rights with women but come on ladies, you have got to be fucking kidding me if you have a problem with Santa's trademark saying. What is the world coming to?

No comments: