Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tis the season... for 'cross

Ladies and germs, i'm proud to say that last weekend i netted my first top 10 finishes EVER in a MAC race!! Note that I said "finishes" being the plural of "finish". For some of those that may be a little slow, that means two times I was in the top ten. Yeah for me!

Saturday we saw a real douchebag of a man sport his true colors. I won't name names but said douchebag chopped my man Von Leech and crashed him pretty good. Ry definitely rode an awesome race coming from dead last to finish 11th. Way to go man. Spent Saturday night in a swank hotel which was pure sweetness. Getting to sleep in and only having to drive 10 min to race is real livin'. Thanks to Bob for putting us up in the room.

Sunday was a rough day. Half the course went up hill and half was down. If the climbing legs didn't show up it could have been a really rough day for most. Luckily, my 132 lb ass is relatively easy to carry up a hill even when the legs aren't firing at 100%. I'm hoping to get up to the top 5 the last MAC weekend in a few weeks time.

Finally, for those of you reading this who think I only talk about riding and racing I figured I'd put this one picture in here for your viewing pleasure. You see, even though we are racing cyclocross, we are living a lifestyle. We're all family when the leaves start to change and the temperature starts to drop. We know how to have fun even though we constantly push our bodies to their physical limits. In case you don't believe me just look at this pic

No comments: